Saturday, September 30, 2006

Model Portfolio

My Ivey's Super Investors colleagues have abandoned me. So starting this month we will start keeping track of a Model Portfolio that I have put together based on recommendations I have made since last September on the two blogs. I have dropped some winners from the portfolio. They include Canadian Western Bank (TSX. CWB.TO), ING Canada (TSX: IIC.TO) and Goldcorp (TSX: G.TO). I have also dropped an underperformer in Pier 1 (NYSE: PIR) which has been hammered since I first mentioned it but has recently rebounded amid rumors of a buyout.

We will have monthly updates on the portfolio and I will let you know if I make any changes before each monthly update. Approximately $180,000 has been invested so far and we will add cash to the portfolio until total invested capital equals $200,000. On a pre-tax basis and including commissions, this portfolio would have handily beat the S&P 500 since last September. I have assumed each position was added to the portfolio in two transactions. We will hopefully continue this streak going forward. Please remember that the Model Portfolio and the AA Value Fund are separate. The latter is a super concentrated portfolio which I will occasionally update you on as I have in the past.

No comments: